Shelves and desk made of 3/4 pine plywood, with 2x4 pine studs and supports for desk surface, and metal brackets for shelf support. Polyurethane finish.
Home ownership means not having to be portable and a license to affix major things to walls. With this in mind, looking for ever more desk and shelf space, I turned the spare bedroom into a wall-to-wall desk with 3 tiers of shelves about it.
- all computers and cabling should be off the ground
- cabling should be out of view
- monitor and keyboard height should be ergonomic
- should seat 4 people at computers
- should support room for 6 computers total
- should not require extensive damage to walls
- should be relatively easy to disassemble
- should be very strong
- 4 Sliding keyboard trays.
- 3 computer monitor stands
- 3 Computer case (dual) holders
- 8 wiring slots on desktop
- 60 linear feet of shelf space
- 20 linear feet of desk space
- 2 UPS holders/shelves
- used strips of velcro stapled to back, underside of desk as acable management system (works really well)
- Assembly of the desk took 3 hours...wiring it took 8 hrs